Helping Families Thrive since 1885
Our mission is to strengthen the life skills of families, children and individuals of all ages.
This is accomplished through a range of programs offered directly or in collaboration with other organizations in our community.
Further, our goals are to: supplement the educational offerings available to preschool children; reduce familial stress through the provision of parent education and support; support and facilitate the achievement of youth; promote diversity and foster inclusion in our community; and ensure the safety and well-being of vulnerable populations.
We touched the lives of more than 5000 people in 2017 under three main categories of service:
Early Childhood Family Resource Center (FRC): The area's only trilingual center for high-risk, socially vulnerable parents, many of whom have limited English capacity, are isolated, and lack access to vital services.
- The Incredible Years® curriculum, strengthening parent skills and promoting children’s academic, social and emotional competencies. Includes developmental screening and referrals for children.
- Multiple support programs offered in Spanish and Khmer connecting mothers and fathers with community resources and workshops on health, parenting, and education. Education classes are on life skills topics such as nutrition, health insurance, dental care, post-partem depression, financial literacy and other community resources offered.
- Emergency Financial Assistance: Exigent funds for families and individuals.
Home Visiting Services
- Home visiting and group-based services for young parents in Lynn, Chelsea, East Boston, Revere, Charlestown or Winthrop. We provide support services, health and parenting education, child development assessments, and referrals for parents, their children, and their families during pregnancy and continuing through 5 years of life. Emphasis is also placed on setting personal goals for the parents to achieve financial security and wellbeing.
- Family Alliance: DCF referrals only; Licensed clinicians and case managers work with families that are currently involved with DCF to stabilize, strengthen and build relationships with family, peers, school and communities.
- The Right Moves: Asset-building, 13-week program for 5th grade girls identified as at-risk. By referral only.
- Project Advance/Shannon: Collaborative effort with the Lynn Police Dept. and other community resources to provide social intervention strategies aimed at the prevention and suppression of gang-related activities in Lynn.
- TEEN SCENE: Drop-In and after-school/summer program for youth in Lynn.
- PREP (Personal Responsibility Education Program: Individual and group health education, coaching, and referrals to promote and improve STD/HIV and pregnancy prevention practices among youth and young adults.