Position: Healthy Families Supervisor – Harbor Area
Hours: Full-time Flexible hours required
Program: Healthy Families Harbor area, serving the towns of Charlestown, Revere, Chelsea, East Boston, and Winthrop.
Position Overview: Under the supervision of the Healthy Families Program Director, this position will ensure the creation and implementation of quality services to pregnant and parenting women in the catchment area. Provides individual and group supervision to HF Home Visitors and supports Program Director in the implementation of quality assurance systems.
- Provides 1:1 supervision of HF Home Visitors in accordance to guidelines
- Shadows home visits to oversee that staff receives appropriate training and that competent and quality care is delivered to program participants.
- Ensures the care and service provided by HV meets the HFP standards for excellence
- Supports staff in assessing the client’s physical and psychosocial needs in order to ensure an appropriate client-home visitors match
- Provides consultation and assessment visits to participants during home visits as needed.
- Assists in the development, evaluation and revision of family assessments, service plans and insures that HF care plan is implemented according to HF standards.
- Takes into consideration the cultural needs of families and Home Visitors when providing supervision and advice regarding service delivery.
- Utilized reflective supervision techniques during 1:1 sessions with Home Visitors
- Assists with resource referrals, follow up, and advocacy of behalf of program participants.
- Utilizes a CHEEERS observations tool to support Parent-Child Interaction.
- Reviews family progress and level changes with home visitors,
- Develops and maintains systems to tack service levels across all families
- Integrating results of tools used (developmental screens, evaluation tools, etc.)
- Monitors documentation and providing feedback to Home Visitors regarding documentation
- Develops program protocols and integrates them to the overall agency protocols manual
- Evaluates the performance of HV completes performance appraisals as required
- Participates in the program’s management team and co-facilitates program staff meetings
- Facilitates group supervision meetings
- Attends and co-facilitates Advisory group meetings
- Receives supervision by the F&CS HF Program Director
- Attends HF statewide supervisor meetings, trainings and activities.
- Attends all F&CS staff meetings and agency activities
- Other duties as assigned by Program Director
Qualifications: Program Supervisor will have one of the two following educational qualifications:
- Master’s degree, preferably in health science, behavior science, or general education courses in liberal arts, sciences, and the humanities, in areas such as addiction or child protection. Licensed preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five years’ experience providing services to infants, children and families and ability to demonstrate extensive knowledge of community resources verifiable through reference check, and three years of experience as a supervisor. License preferred. An ability to establish trusting relationships
Additional requirements: Capacity to think and act intentionally and strategically to help participants change their behaviors. Capacity for creative problem solving, conflict resolution, and violence prevention. Ability to work as part of a team. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Outstanding reflective listening, crisis intervention and conflict resolution skills. Requirements for the position: Travel around the Harbor Area w/ personal vehicle required; Computer literate; Detail-oriented; Experience working with diverse cultures; Valid MA Driver’s License, auto insurance registration and a safe driving record required. In addition, the ideal candidate for this position will be a trustworthy decision-maker. Candidate will have a sense of humor; feel passionate and committed to directly working with teen parents.
Bilingual; English/Spanish, Khmer, Arabic, Haitian Creole, Russian or other languages is strongly preferred.
Family and Children’s Service of Greater Lynn is an affirmative Action/Equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national origin, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other lawfully protected class.