Part-time Grant Writer
Reports to: Director of Development
Family & Children’s Service (F&CS) is seeking a part-time Grant Writer to join our proposal development team. The ideal candidate is an organized and detail-oriented self-starter with exceptional writing and editing skills.
The Grant Writer will be responsible for managing all aspects of the grant preparation and submission process, including:
- Research and identify grant and contract opportunities offered by public agencies, foundations and other organizations
- Independent narrative development (and as part of a team for more complex applications)
- Coordinate relevant F&CS staff to obtain the information required to present the program's needs, goals, objectives and budget
- Prepare annual renewal applications
- Maintain a grant writing calendar
- Prepare reports, track and maintain documentation
- Manage and steward relationships with foundations
In addition, the Grant Writer will also be responsible for supporting the Director of Development in other areas, including copywriting for marketing, PR, direct mail, and event promotion.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-3 years successful experience in a position that includes proposal development, preparation, writing, including budget preparation and submission to federal and state agencies, foundations, and/or corporations
- Familiarity with government and foundation policies, procedures and guidelines, and business principles governing grant preparation and submission.
- Outstanding writing skills, including the ability to be articulate, persuasive and compassionate in presenting a case for funding
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Successful experience working in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and complete work accurately and in sufficient time for colleague review
- Skills in internet prospecting and research
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working in an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse environment preferred
- Ability to collaborate with a team
- Entrepreneurial perspective
Family & Children’s Service is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national origin, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected class.
Send or e-mail a cover letter and resume to:
Family & Children’s Service
111 North Common Street
Lynn, MA 01902
Attn: Kate Walton or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org