Job Title: Director of Youth Services
Reports to: The Director of Strategic Programs
Director of Youth Services will be responsible for developing and enhancing FCS youth programs for youth between the ages of 12 to 19 years of age and young adults between the ages of 19 to 25 years of age. The Director of Youth Services is an exempt position charged with leading the development and implementation of youth programs to carry out the mission, vision of Family & Children’s Service in collaboration with the FCS Department Directors.
The Director of Youth Services is charged with program management, strategic program planning, efficiency, program implementation and accountability for all youth programs. This position requires a strong background in youth program development, program management, program evaluation, community outreach, staff supervision, curriculum implementation, program capacity building, and program budgeting management. The position reports to the Director of Strategic Programs and works collaboratively with the FCS Department Directors. The Director of Youth Service will supervise the youth program staff as it pertains to youth program implementation and participant recruitment in both Lynn and Chelsea.
TEEN SCENE: Is an after school academic enrichment and social justice program for middle school-aged youth in Lynn and Chelsea (run from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm). During the summer, programming includes recreational and educational field trips (between the hours of 9:00 am. and 1:00 pm)
Project PRIME: Provides sexual health education workshops to high school-aged youth in order to promote and improve STD/HIV and pregnancy prevention practices among youth residing in Lynn, Chelsea and Revere.
Project Advance: Is a social impact and intervention program that serves young men and women aged 14-25 who are at risk of becoming gang-involved and of engaging in delinquent or criminal activities.
Project Success: Is a workforces development training program that is focused on preparing youth and young adults for the workforce (two days a week during the academic year and 5 days a week during the summer months. This program is in the developmental stages)
Responsibilities: With support from the Director of Strategic Programs, the Director of Youth Services engages in the following:
- Manages all aspects of youth programming, including fiscal management, administrative oversight, staff hiring, program orientation and staff supervision (including volunteers and mentors).
- Provides supervision to the youth services program staff.
- Provides leadership in planning and setting the direction of the programs.
- Evaluates the performance of youth program staff; completes performance appraisals as required including disciplinary of youth program staff.
- Develops partnerships with local organizations to market the programs and secure referrals.
- Identifies training opportunities for the youth program staff and ensures that necessary training is completed including trainings as required by funding sources
- Collects program data, documents program activities for the evaluation of the programs and as required by program funders, including but not limited to the submission of service delivery reports.
- Conducts targeted outreach and promotes the programs by participating in coalition and community meetings and other networking events with community leaders, health service providers, schools, and youth-focused programs.
- Supports youth program staff in planning service delivery components including assisting TEEN SCENE groups facilitation, recreational activities as well as academic/tutoring support and project-based learning opportunities; PREP workshop logistics and mastery of the program’s curricula; and Project ADVANCE, Project Success workshops, youth outreach and case management activities.
- Coordinates presentations by outside providers to follow each programs scope of work.
- Attends individual weekly supervision and Director’s’ meetings as well as monthly staff meetings.
- Maintains flexible hours as needed to meet the needs of the program including occasional Saturdays.
- Advanced degree in a related Human Service field or related field and a minimum of 3 years of leadership and program experience, or a bachelor’s degree in a related field and 5 or more years’ experience
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations.
- Individual will demonstrate cultural competence with an ability to work with diverse populations, within the community and with agency staff members.
- Understanding of trauma, family support programing and youth development programing for teens and middle school students.
- Passionate and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Documented track record of successful experience in program development and multiple program management
- Proven ability to manage multiple programs.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate the organizations mission and vision internally and externally.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain working relationships with community partners, funders, and the general public.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Proficient with technology related to project management, employee management, financial management, donor management, facilities/space management.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply English/Spanish (but not required)
Hours: Full time Flexible hours required (occasional Saturday)
Family and Children’s Service is an affirmative Action/Equal opportunity employer. seeks to employ individuals based upon their qualifications, experience, and ability to perform the position responsibilities. The Director of Strategic Programs reserves the right to add to, delete, or change any qualification(s) detailed in this job description as it relates to the hiring process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national origin, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other lawfully protected class.
Cover letters and Resumes may be sent:
111 N Common St.
Lynn, MA 01902 or email@example.com