Position Title: Executive Assistant & Project Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Family & Children’s Service is seeking a detail-orientated individual with executive office administration and project coordination experience to fill the role of Executive Assistant & Project Coordinator. In this role, the selected candidate will support the F&CS Executive Director and assist with internal and external communication.
The Executive Assistant & Project Coordinator will collaborate and interact with all levels of F&CS staff, work with the F&CS leadership team, and prepare materials and documents to ensure that Executive Director and leadership team business decisions are made in a timely fashion, while balancing the Executive Director’s responsibilities and commitments. The selected candidate must be well versed in dealing with a wide variety of confidential matters.
Executive Assistant & Project Coordinator will be responsible for developing and enhancing organizational communication and infrastructure that will allow F&CS to effectively fulfill its mission, as well as engage externally with key community partners. This is an exempt position charged with helping to support the Executive Director and managing special projects. This position is charged with project management, strategic planning, efficiency, and accountability for all internal and external communication for F&CS. This position requires a strong background in project management, project development, project evaluation, community outreach, strategic project operations, and business acumen. The position reports to the Executive Director (ED) and works collaboratively with the ED, The Leadership Team and department heads.
Duties and Responsibilities (these duties are a general summary and not all inclusive):
- Identifies key issues of importance that need the attention of the Executive Director and provide recommendations on appropriate follow-up.
- Provides summary of meeting activity for the Executive Director
- Help support the operations of F&CS, including logistical planning, preparation of electronic materials, and orchestration of all Executive team meetings and activities/events.
- Write correspondence, prepare reports, and coordinate smaller scale projects.
- Serve as a reliable and trusted agency professional with high integrity and independently act on confidential and sensitive communications (emails, leadership meeting materials, etc.) while partnering with the broader team to provide administrative and operational guidance.
- Conduct timely email and calendar management, including responding to all meeting invitations independently resolving conflicts. Arrange WebEx, Zoom, and Microsoft Team hosting and facilitation for the Executive Director.
- Provide administrative support, including scheduling and taking meeting minutes for small- and large-scale agency meetings as well as anticipate needs for materials, agendas, minutes, and reports.
- Stay informed to schedule meetings, coordinate activities, and communicate effectively to confirm staff and stakeholder participation.
- Prepare correspondence, edit and proofread reports before final submission and distribution.
- Develop organizational charts and visual aids to enhance written communication, assure compliance of written and digital materials are accessible and utilize various tools and methods to strengthen communication within the agency.
- Partner with Department Directors and other office staff to obtain information and communicate from other departments.
- Stays informed and communicates effectively to ensure administrative projects are completed within designated timelines.
- Support the Human Resource Manager as it pertains to the Staff Engagement Committee
- Field and direct all incoming correspondences via email and phones, including website correspondence
- Must be experienced in maintaining high level confidentiality.
- Possess sound judgement skills and proven discretion in all agency related matters.
- Passionate about helping executives perform their best while anticipating needs regarding preparation for and scheduling of activities.
- Demonstrated project management skills as well as the skills needed to consolidate, edit, and prepare agency reports.
- Experience in proactively improving processes, initiate projects, and implement changes, as opportunities are identified.
- Ability to travel to select meetings under the guidance of the Executive Director
- Ability to use technology required for the job, including technology critical for remote work (e.g., Zoom, Outlook calendar, Teams, etc.).
- Highly organized, with a creative problem-solving edge, outstanding time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator as well as demonstrated editing and proof-reading skills.
- Provide positive insight and encourage collaboration and consistent action.
- Thrive in dynamic environments and focus on continuous improvement
- Completely fluent with computers, managing remote meetings with large attendance, the internet, and Microsoft products and apps.
- Experience working in a team culture that values inclusivity, performance, transparency, and authenticity.
- Knowledge of and experience in diversity, equity, inclusion, and racial equity and effective engagement across differences.
- Solid written and oral communication skills and proficiency establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of diverse consumers, families, staff, and organizations.
College degree preferred and at least 2 years of experience in executive assistance.
Family and Children’s Service of Greater Lynn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to employ individuals based upon their qualifications, experience, and ability to perform the position responsibilities. The Executive Director reserves the right to add to, delete, or change any qualification(s) detailed in this job description as it relates to the hiring process.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national origin, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other lawfully protected class.
Cover letters and Resumes may be sent:
111 N Common St.
Lynn, MA 01902