Development Associate - Part-time
Reports to: Director of Development
Position may require occasional night and weekend hours
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Director of Development, and working with the Executive Director, the Development Associate is responsible for assisting communications for the Fund Development Plan, and providing administrative support.
Communications - Assist with written communications (print and electronic) to support Fund Development Plan.
- Research, write, edit, and oversee production and distribution of e-newsletter, print newsletter, donor communications, annual reports, press releases, flyers, etc.)
- Coordinate agency requests for print and electronic media
- Assist with written communications for agency programs
- Research, write, and collect program case stories and photographs
- Maintain social media platforms (including website, Twitter page, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube)
- Assist with the creation of fundraising campaigns
Administration - Provide administrative support to the Development team.
Assist with planning, promotion, and execution of events
- Assist with mailings for direct mail campaigns
- Data entry and gift acknowledgement
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Development and Executive Director
- Attend weekly meetings and as needed
- Outstanding writing skills, including the ability to be articulate, persuasive, and compassionate in presenting a case for funding
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and complete work accurately
- Skills in internet prospecting and research
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Graphic design and photography skills a plus
- Experience working in an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse environment preferred
- Ability to collaborate with a team
Family and Children’s Service is an affirmative Action/Equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national origin, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected class.
Send or e-mail a cover letter and resume to:
Family & Children’s Service
111 North Common Street
Lynn, MA 01902
Attn: Kate Walton or e-mail: email@example.com