111 NORTH COMMON STREET LYNN, MASSACHUSETTS 01902 ** (781) 598-5517 FAX (781)581-6614 ** OPEN 9 AM - 5 PM MONDAY - FRIDAY
The Family Resource Center (FRC) is a collaborative program of Family & Children’s Service and the Lynn Coordinated Family & Community Engagement (CFCE) Program. Our goal through the FRC is to foster early literacy and healthy child development. The program offers family support services that nurture, support and educate children, parents, families and early childhood professionals. Family Advocates and early childhood educators staff the FRC, lead and coordinate activities, and connect parents to important resources in the community. The FRC is a fun and welcoming place for parents and children to learn and grow together.
Family Resource Center Activities:
- Family Advocates
- Support Groups for Latina Mothers
- Lending Library/ Resource & Referral
- Early Childhood Parenting Groups based on The Incredible Years
- Story Hours
- Arts and Crafts
- Workshops and Trainings on issues relating to health, safety, parenting, etc.
- Lynn Family Network (CFCE) - special programming for children from birth to 8 years
- Parent-Child Home Program – a family literacy home visiting program
The Center’s lending library offers materials in English, Spanish, and Khmer. Kits available for loan include books, toys, games, story videos, musical instruments, cassettes, and movement ideas for children. Most items available for loan for up to two weeks. Bilingual, Spanish and Khmer-speaking Family Advocates are available.
The Family Resource Center is available for meetings and professional trainings for organizations and groups serving the city of Lynn.
Copyright 2017 Family & Children's Service of Greater Lynn, Inc.